- 1st April 2019
- The Mark Allen Group
- Closing Date:
- 1st May 2019
Gramophone is recruiting for a Sales Executive. This exciting role will involve selling advertising and building client relationships across the print and digital elements of the world's most prestigious recorded classical music magazine. The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate some or all of the following: experience of working in media sales or publishing; interest in classical music; and knowledge of the recording industry.
Founded in 1923, for almost a century now Gramophone has brought classical music collectors and listeners the most erudite, expert and entertaining reviews and features. Now with a successful digital edition, website and podcasts as well as the magazine, it's an exciting time to join the Gramophone team and play a key role in the title's commercial success.
Gramophone is part of the Mark Allen Group, publishers of market-leading magazines (also including music titles Jazzwise and Songlines, and latterly, Classical Music, International Piano, Opera Now, Music Teacher, Teaching Drama and Choir and Organ), journals and websites, and producer of events, and the role is based in Herne Hill, London.
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Experience of working in media sales or publishing
- Interest in classical music
- Knowledge of the recording industry
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for building relationships at all levels
- Proactive attitude
- An ability to work to tight deadlines with great attention to detail
- Ability to work within a friendly and ambitious team environment
- To sell Gramophone’s print, digital and e-marketing opportunities to a well-established client base
- Strengthen client relationships within your assigned client base
- Increase your client base by proactively seeking new clients from competitor media and your knowledge of the industry
- To achieve monthly sales targets
- To appreciate the opportunities presented by the editorial content of the magazine and website
- To follow and respond to developments within the classical music industry
Superb office environment in South east London.
Tags for this job: